Monday, May 4, 2015 / by George Chiriboga
Buyer's Ten Commandments
Many times a buyer is so excited to start the process of buying a house and forgets to consider that, in order to succesfully close the loan, they need to safeguard their employment and financial background. Everytime we engage a new buyer we advise them to remember these ten commandments:
1. Thou shalt not change jobs, become self-employed or quit your job.
2. Thou shalt not buy a car, truck or van!
3. Thou shalt not use charge cards excessively or let your accounts fall behind.
4. Thou shalt not spend money you have set aside for closing.
5. Thou shalt not omit debts or liabilities from your loan application.
6. Thou shalt not buy furniture.
7. Thou shalt not originate any inquiries into your credit.
8. Thou shalt not make large deposits without first checking with your loan officer.
9. Thou shalt not change bank accounts.
10. Thou shalt not co-sign a loan for anyone.
If you have more questions, please do not hesitate to Email us or contact us at 713-589-3234 for more information.